Friday, January 25, 2008

Why I'm Dumb (Part 293)

It's been a while, I guess that's good!

So, Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I wasn't feeling good. I actually went to sleep early (well, midnight, but to me, that's early). I nyquilled (is that a word yet?) myself to sleep. My alarm went off at 6:50 so I could get to my 8am class (HA!) snooze. 8:15 rolled around, I still wasn't going anywhere. Still felt like crap, still felt drugged. I tried to call my boss, half asleep I stumbled through the Aaron's telephone directory. Wound up getting a hold of some lady who is definitely not my boss. It took me a good 10 seconds but I finally hung up on her. My next bright idea. I was gonna text Beth, a coworker, to tell James, my boss, that I wasn't feeling good so I'd come in late. Those of you who know me, know I'm a speed texter, which can lead to typo's like the following:


Can you tell James that I'm coming in late. I don't feel homo.


If you'll notice, when texting "good" it uses the same keystrokes as "homo". D'oh!!!! Luckily, for whatever reason, I didn't wind up actually sending it. I actually forgot, I wound up calling my boss and telling him I didn't feel good. Later, actually the next day I noticed I had an unsent message in my outbox. When I first read it, I had no clue when or what that was from. Then I eventually remembered.

No comments: