Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mets trade for Johan Santana!!!!!

Ok, before I get too excited and get a #57 Santana Mets Jersey off ebay, I guess I should take a deep breath.

But this is HUGE news. First, it means that I don't have to look for updates to this every 10 minutes. But of course, it means good things for my Mets. They gave up 4 prospects (Carlos Gomez and Philip Humber both have MLB experience. And minor league pitchers Deolis Guerra and Kevin Mulvey) to get Santana, but they did NOT give up their best prospect (Fernando Martinez). This is the first time in I don't know how long that the Mets will have a true #1 top notch starting pitcher. HUGE!

Oh, and I should also mention that I'm working on a blog about the 2008 NHL All Star Game - which was amazing!!!! I'm waiting on some slacker friends whose names rhyme with Fat and Derricka to send me their pictures!!!!! In the meantime, you can get a sneak peak at mine here.

No comments: