Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm innocent!!!!!

I recently learned that I have been nominated for a prestigious award amongst my friends...Most Drama Free. I like it. I live by it. I want to keep that title.

When I used to blog on myspace it would ask for your mood whenever you write anything. Right now I'm "furious", "aggravated" and "somewhat scared". But, as the title states...I did nothing wrong. I parked NEXT to a handicap spot. Check out my cool drawing since I didn't think to take a picture with my phone.

I happened to be parking (at Publix, on Barrett Pkwy/Old 41 in Kennesaw) at the same time an old lady was parking in a handicap space. I walked in to publix, ordered a sandwich, as I was about to pay, the lady came up to me...

Old Lady: "Sir, I don't know if you're handicapped or not, but someone just wrote down your license plate info and are sending it to the cops."
Me: "I didn't park in a handicapped spot, I wouldn't do that! That spot is NOT a handicapped spot!"

That was it. She walked away, I was pissed. I went to my car to see if maybe I accidentally parked in a handicap space...I didn't!!! The spot next to me (to my right) and the spot across from me are clearly marked handicap spots. But not the one I parked in.

I don't know if anything can happen just because this lady said that someone got my info, but this PISSED me off!!! I did nothing wrong. Can I actually get a ticket in the mail for this? Can they issue tickets without any proof what-so-ever???? I'm sure there are video cameras in the parking lot if it should get that far. And part of the reason I'm writing this is so if this does come back, I'll know exactly what day/time this happened. I just hope this is the last time I ever have to think about this!


FOLLOW UP:
Tara had the best advice...Wednesday is old folks day at Publix...stay away.
Just got this email from work...someone's after me!

From: XXXXXXXXX
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:34 PM
To: Kennesaw Office Global
FW: Handicap Parking

Good afternoon.
In an effort to resolve the continuing handicap parking issue, we are asking all individuals with handicap tags to stop by the Receptionist Desk and complete our Handicap Parking Registration.


If you are not handicapped and are using someone else’s tag, please stop this practice. The designated spaces are for those individuals who are actually handicapped. We appreciate your consideration of others.


Please direct all questions, cares or concerns to me.
Thank you.
Mr. Coincidence Provider
(name changed to protect those involved in this coincidence)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the age of Big Brother: "Every step you take, every move you make...I'll be watching you."