Thursday, June 5, 2008

Trying to Get Back to Normal

I promise no more depressing blogs for a while after this one...

Its been a week and a half since Hayden left us and it still doesn't seem real. I think about him everyday and I can still hear his voice in my head. Mostly either yelling at Monty (his dog) or Scott (his little brother) but still, just doesn't seem real. I've been amazed at how many people Hayden touched in his days. Just look at the number of visits I've gotten at this blog over the last couple of weeks:
June 5 … 24
June 4 … 46
June 3 … 43
June 2 … 55
June 1 … 70
May 31 … 58
May 30 … 84
May 29 … 109
May 28 … 155
May 27 … 232
May 26 … 181
May 25 … 11
May 24 … 2
May 23 … 14
May 22 … 8
May 21 … 9
May 20 … 13
May 19 … 9
May 18 … 10
Almost all of those have been through people googling Hayden. Then looking at all the comments here and all of the responses on his facebook page, unbelievable. I don't know if you need to be a member of facebook to read everything, but some of the posts on his "wall" show how great of a kid he was. A couple of girls are planning on getting his initials tattooed!!! We miss you Hayden!

To pile on, my grandmother (Bubbie) lost her brother last night...on her birthday! He had been sick and in the hospital for a while, and is truly in a better place now. It's just unfortunate that she has to go through all of this right now. I love you Bub!


On a completely unrelated note and definitely not depressing news, congrats to my two favorite and most important Kim's in my life! First, my sister Kim, accepted a new job with the Federal Reserve! Finally no more 80 hour work weeks! Then my friend "Nurse" Kim is graduating (and I know I'm saying this wrong) anaesthesia school in October and just accepted a job at a hospital in Huntsville, Alabama which apparently blew her away with their offer. Congrats to Kim's everywhere!

No comments: