Thursday, August 2, 2007

The joys (or lack there-of) of owning a home

So, its Thursday, I'm sure you're thinking I should have hot water by now, right????? Wrong! The gas guy did come out but said my water heater wasn't "up to code". And apparently the inspector didn't know about the codes and now I have to go even longer without hot water. Tomorrow will be a week since I've had a hot shower. I realize its summer time and hot as hell down here, but cold showers SUUUUUUUCK. I've already learned its better to take a shower before you go to sleep. On Monday I took a shower in the morning and was friggin freezing all day. But, what sucks about THAT is that without a shower in the morning, I'm even less of a morning person! Staying awake at work is a hell of a lot tougher too. So, now I've got a plumber coming by tomorrow, even if he does fix this thing, I'm guessing I still need to get the f'ing gas guy back to my house, which could (but hopefully not) be another couple of days. I'll be willing to bet anything that they ain't gonna be coming out this weekend! Ughhhh this SUCKS!


In other news, I had my 6-month follow up appointment for my eye...and everything's doing good. That was one hell of a relief, so it's kinda hard for me to be too upset with the world that I don't have hot water. There's a hell of a lot worse things that can happen to me. I still remember when the Direct-TV guy came to my place, and when he said the dish wouldn't work with the trees he said "I hope this is the worst thing that happens to you today". So, the motto is, if no hot water is the worst thing that happens to me each day...I'll survive. And sorry Lauren, but I still need rent money :)


I hope to have more pictures soon, we're still unpacking, slowly. Very slowly. Here's some pictures of my couches?

No comments: