Sunday, July 29, 2007

Why I'm Dumb (Parts 288-290)

I'll incorporate my dumbness into my weekend tale...
So, Friday night me and Lauren were finishing up packing. I got her boyfriend (who I named Re-Todd, you know, since she's already dated a guy named Todd before) to help me carry stuff to the dumpster. Said goodbye to the couch, somewhat broken recliner, my dresser and night table. So sad. But I learned its more fun to move furniture when it doesn't matter if you ruin it! But that was still exhausting, we eventually just dragged and pushed the couch and dresser up a hill and to the dumpster. The movers were supposed to be coming between 7:30-9am Sat morning, and of course we decided sleep was more important and we could finish packing while they were moving our big stuff. Wrong! When the movers got to our place, he seemed pretty surprised that we weren't completely ready to go. He also proceeded to tell us these long stories about all of his moving-people experiences. We pay these bastards by the hour and it turns out the "clock" starts when he got there, so, less stories, more moving our shit please! It took almost 3 hours to load the truck (compared the 26 minutes to load Courtney's truck!). We got to the new place and the guy said he'd just charge us for 4 hours (it took over 5 overall). He kept bragging about how great he is and how he saved us so much money by not charging us for little things like mattress-protection? WTF? Anyways, onto my dumbness...


Why I'm Dumb, Part 288
This should probably count for more than 1. But, I won't. So, in my new place, I've got a gas stove and (apparently) a gas water heater. And as of Thursday, the stove worked just fine. As of Saturday...not so much. So, we've got no stove/oven and of course...no hot water. Until Thursday. I've had to take 2 cold showers so far. It SUUUCCCKKKKSSS!!!!!!! Its been almost 3 hours now and my feet are still cold. And I'm wearing a jacket...indoors...at work right now.


Why I'm Dumb, Part 289
Saturday night, after moving all day, I decided I needed to do SOMETHING fun, so I went with Matt to another sweetwater-related house warming party (same house as last time actually? Thats weird). It didn't occur to me that all day I only ate a chic-fil-a sandwich. I had about 4 beers and was absolutely hammered. Luckily Matt was driving and I crashed on his couch. I did notice a distinct improvement in my flip-cup abilities though!
Why I'm Dumb, Part 290
Sunday morning I came home to find out that the key I had to unlock the doorknob didn't work. I could've sworn I tested it, but, well, nope! So I had to go find Lauren and get her key. Oh, did I mention I was somewhat hungover? On my way home, I stopped at Arby's (because it had been about 20 hours since I last ate, seemed like a good idea. It was about 11:30 so it was pretty empty, I ordered my food, got a drink. Went to go get ice and there was none. I went back to the counter to tell them they had no ice and the dude at the register couldn't possibly care less. He asked me if I tried BOTH ice dispensers. I did. He just stood there. Another girl at the counter yelled, "Go get that boy some ice, fool" (I may have added the "fool" portion). He still just stood there, so she gave me a cup of ice. On top of that when i got to my car, I realized the soda was flat. 5 minutes after that is when I found out I was locked out. D'oh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you trashed the couch. It meant so much to me...