Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I have the best "tenant" ever

And this will be a good test to see if she ever reads this :)

So, we've been in this condo for just over 3 weeks. In those 3 weeks, we've had to deal with no hot water for 10 days; no Internet for probably 7 days; and now no ceiling fan in Lauren's room.

Amongst all these sufferages, she's been able to be home when the gas man came, a plumber has come (twice), and the cable guy has come (twice). If she wasn't here I don't know how the hell I'd get anything done. Its not like I can just leave work at the drop of a hat and be home for these guys to come during the day. Not to mention can you imagine going with hot water for 10 days and not bitching to YOUR landlord about it. I dont remember her complaining once. Hell, I complained daily! Next, our internet wasn't working. Friday a guy came out and told her that the cables coming into the house were "leaking decibels" and we should call an electrician to fix it. Alright, her boyfriend knew what that meant, so he thought he could fix it. He couldn't figure out which wires from the outside were coming into my place, so we needed to call the cable company again. We had an appointment for Monday between 5-7pm...so that I could actually be here and she wouldn't have to worry about it. Well, i'm not sure what happened in between but the cable guy called me around 2pm to see if he could come early. I couldn't go home, so Lauren spoke to him and agreed to be here. But after complications, he said he'd be here at 5pm. Well, the fu*ker never showed. Lauren bitched to the cable company, and allegedly got us a $20 credit at least. And a guy was to come out first thing Tuesday morning. Another day for Lauren to stay home waiting on a cable guy. Well, he showed up, talked sh!t about Friday's cable guy and fixed our internet. Yay!!!!!

Now tonight, I went and bought 2 new ceiling fans, 1 for my room, 1 for Lauren's. I had my ceiling-fan-experienced friend Shea come over to help out with the "installation in minutes". About 2 hours later we gave up. We lost a washer, we couldn't get 2 screws to fit in where they're supposed to fit. I don't know why I expected it to work smoothly! Nothing about owning this place has gone smoothly! So, now Lauren's got no ceiling fan, I feel really bad about it. Her boyfriend may give it a shot tomorrow night. Luckily we're both out of town this weekend, so its not a big deal. I'll have someone out here Monday to take care of these damn things.

Ughhhhh, everything has to be so frustrating!!! Anyways, I'm just glad to have such a good, understanding roommate. Hard to believe that just a few years ago she was known as "Failure" :)

Anyways, I've gotta go...I've got HOMEWORK!!!!!

No comments: