Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Is Sportscenter Dying???

Technically I think this also counts as procrastination, not from packing - persay - but from other moving things I need to do - find movers, btw, Lauren how's that going?, getting insurance - something I really find to be a waste of money, need to find people to paint, and just a bunch of calls I really don't want to make. Anyways, on to the story...

As I'm sure most of you know, I'm a pretty big sports nut. And back in the day, sportscenter was always a must-see show, every day. Well, I'm realizing that its not the case anymore. I don't know if it has to do with me as much as them. For the last few weeks they've been airing this "tournament" trying to figure out who the most "now" athlete is. Its absolutely a waste of time and I can't even watch it anymore (thank you DVR!!!). From what I remember, some of the matchups so far have had Shaquille O'Neill matched up against some swimmer guy, Danica Patrick vs Reggie Bush. Who the F cares? Not even me. There are actually parts of sportscenter that I can't watch anymore. And the worst part of all of it is the intro song. Some rap garbage that they play every time, I think twice a show.

I used to watch sportscenter ALL the time, back in college I'm pretty sure I could lay in bed and watch all morning (the original came on at about 2am, then they'd replay them all morning - 6am, 7am, 8am, all the way til noon I think). It was pretty common for me to watch it 3 times I think. Not to mention the 11pm edition. Now with all the crap they've added to the show, I don't really watch it too much anymore. At 11pm, I'm probably watching The Daily Show instead these days. And thats got NOTHING to do with sports! Whats happening to me???? Or better yet. what the hell happened to Sportscenter????

No comments: