Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween

I can't say I'm a big fan of Halloween. I think they should reschedule it for a few weeks sooner. It TOTALLY disrupts my birthday! Especially this year when Halloween was Friday and my birthday was Sunday. But I made the best of it.

For whatever reason, Halloween is a pretty big deal at work. There's a costume contest, so I give it a shot each year. The winner gets a DAY OFF! Which, for my place of employment is highly valuable, since they're pretty few and far between it seems. So here's a mini-montage of Halloween the last few years...

2003 - The Nerd

2004 - Charlie Brown (hard to tell in the picture but I just tried to kick the football when Lucy, errr Tim pulled the ball out from under me and I went flying)

2005 - an Atlanta Thrasher (complete with black eye, blood and missing tooth). This was obviously my favorite costume and I was disappointed not to have won anything. I skated (well, roller bladed) around the office all day!
2006 - uhhh, Jason


2007 - Napoleon Dynamite (yes that's a tater tot I took out of my pocket)


2008 - pregnant. (I'd like to point out some water that just made its way to the ground just behind me and some reactions to it. That was awesome)
So after 6 pretty good attempts I finally cracked through. Third place. $25 gift card. I'll take it! (Although I still think the hockey player costume was better)
I can now say that I have a new found respect for pregnant people. Sitting at my desk with that thing in the way was a PAIN! Luckily my pregnancy only last 6 hours or so, well, before re-using the costume Saturday night of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late, but you easily had the best costume... too funny!